October 6, 2009

TWD: Split Level Pudding

It's pudding! No, it's chocolate ganache! No, it's pudding! Wait...it's both! Garrett of the Flavor of Vanilla chose this simple yet elegant dessert for our weekly Dorie recipe. Creamy and velvety vanilla custard layered over dark and rich chocolate ganache.


One of the other bakers suggested using wine glasses so that you could see the actual layers and I loved this idea. I also added a little espresso to the vanilla custard so it was a mocha split level pudding. It's a lovely suprise to find chocolate waiting for you at the bottom of the glass. I'm not a big fan of suprises, but this one, I could definitely handle.

4 comments:

chocolatechic said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks gorgeous.

Hindy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Chocolate should be at the bottom of most things. Lovely photos!

Cate said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They look so elegant! I love the mocha flavor... I'll take that over vanilla any day.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I should have made the espresso version. It sounds delish!