December 15, 2009

TWD: Beth vs. the Volcano (cookies)

Okay, so making this week's TWD recipe did not give me a brain cloud and an overwhelming desire to jump into a volcano...but the name of the cookies reminded me of that great 90's classic:


If you haven't seen Joe vs. the Volcano, I highly recommend it. I also think that the natives of Waponi Woo would have liked these cookies.


The nuts (walnuts, almonds and pecans) make them all bumpy so that they look like little mountains. And then when you eat them, they sizzle and pop just a little bit - like a cookie pop rocks.

It's probably one of the easiest Dorie recipes we have done so far - toast nuts, mix with sugar, egg whites and espresso powder, bake. Eat. I will make these again for a quick cookie fix, but I'll double the espresso since most of it seemed to disappear after baking. Great choice, Macduff!

Stay tuned for next week's Dorie pick - chosen by ME! FINALLY!

1 comments:

Chats the Comfy Cook said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great pick for next week.

I have been checking us out and everyone's cookies look a bit different. What fun.

Looking forward to pecan pie.