June 6, 2013

Green Eggs and No Ham

This recipe is another one from my gluten-free days. Those days were HARD and I was a very hungry and cranky lady. I ate a lot of eggs and popcorn.
 
But I did discover some great new recipes that will definitely make it into our full-time rotation. This takes egg salad to a whole new level - combined with avocado, spices and perfectly boiled eggs, it's a scrumptious and filling lunch that even Eli loved. It's also mayo-free, which I loved. 
 
 

Avo-Egg Salad
Adapted from Two Peas and their Pod

Ingredients:
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
2 hard boiled egg whites, chopped
2 small avocados, pitted and peeled
1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Instructions:
In a medium bowl, combine the hard boiled eggs and egg whites, avocado, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, green onion, and mustard. Mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Serve in a sandwich, on crackers, salad or just eat it straight out of the bowl like I did.

0 comments: